Bluehost is one of the most popular web hosting services that is doing the rounds today. It is arguably the most popular so to say. But as we know the most popular one does not necessarily need to be the best. Well let us find out in case of Bluehost if it actually meets its popularity.
Bluehost was started around two decades back in 1996 by Matt Heaton. He was the CEO of Bluehost from 96-2011. After 2010, Bluehost was taken over by Endurance International group and since 2011 it has a new CEO in the form Dan handy.
Bluehost primarily deals with shared hosting but recently they have started additional types like dedicated servers, VPS and WordPress hosting. According to a recent claim, it hosts about 2 million sited. This certainly makes them one of the top companies which deal with web hosting.
This company has been around for more than two decades and what is commendable is the fact that they have managed to stick in there despite heavy competition and continuous emergence of alternatives. They have managed to become one of the most well-known web hosting platforms worldwide. Also, the quality of service has been extremely consistent all through these years and they had to overcome only few minor obstacles like CPU throttling.
Bluehost is one of the most budget friendly web hosting services going around and offers a standard LAMP & cPanel setup. This is really helpful for people who are not actually looking for excessive features. With that note we should actually take a look at the number of features they have on offer:
- Absolutely free domain in addition to shared host plan
- A cPanel packed with features like Cloudfare, Google Apps, Page Speed grading, etc. Also, Bluehost offers the facility of having custom user interfaces which looks lot better than default cPanel skin.
- Some of the best anti-spam solutions are on offer which are integrated right in the cPanel.
- Also, there is this facility of having unlimited e-mail accounts which comes with the top-end plan. Storage of e-mails is also within the total storage allotted to the account. Only thing that needs a consideration is that there are limits to the number of e-mails that can be send in an hour. Therefore, there can be requirement of third party apps if your website needs to send a lot of e-mails.
- Backups of website data is done automatically on a daily basis.
- The servers are highly configured and also receive regular upgrades of the hardware. In an event of hardware failure quick replacements are always possible.
- One of the most advance feature of Bluehost is that it gives 24×7 phone support and Live Chat. The phone support is something which is not given by other popular web hosting companies.
- The process of scalability is also very hassle free. An upgradation to a dedicated server or a VPS is very easy and les time consuming.
- Bluehost also provides account isolation, a technology that isolates accounts which have websites consuming too much resources. This kind of a function that the performance of the server is maintained at all times.
- A decent level of customization can be achieved.
- It has an in-built Content Delivery Network (CDN) which off course is integrated with Cloudfare.
- It gives 30-day money back guarantee.
In addition to these amazing features there are still other advantages of using Bluehost:
It gives a very strong uptime. An uptime of 99.94% was recorded as average in the last twelve months. This means that there has been only about 5 questionable hours in a total of 8760 hours. This is off course for the entire last year. When it comes to uptimes, the average score is about 99.90% and therefore Bluehost stands out in this expect. We can say that overall it is not a perfect score but almost close to perfect is certainly not bad.
Bluehost has acknowledged those five hours of downtime by saying that most of its servers were attacked in the month of February and the downtime has been recorded during that month only. So, we can certainly give this to Bluehost.
Bluehost offers a very low Introductory Pricing: When it comes to money as we have already mentioned in the features above, Bluehost gives one of the most inexpensive options. This has been one of the primary reasons for the massive popularity achieved by this company. The introductory price is certainly not the cheapest but it is the best option when we take into consideration only the popular ones.
Again, as mentioned above Bluehost provides the most lucrative security options available. This makes it possible to combat the major risks associated with web hosting. For example, spam can be prevented using Spam Experts, Spam Assassin and Spam Hammer. Also, the integration with Cloudfare means that DDoS attacks can be prevented. These DDoS attacks can be very dangerous as they can bring a site down all by themselves by generating an overwhelming amount of rush accumulated from various sources. They have the additional advantage of offering hot link protection. This prevents people from stealing images or content from the website. IP address blocking and SSH access are some extra benefits.
Ability to integrate with various Apps: Another cherry in the cake is the ability to integrate with various apps which is very necessary to run a website in today’s world. Google Apps and the infamous Cloudfare can be easily and efficiently integrated. With the advent of social media you can guess that all major social media players like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. can also be efficiently integrated.
Official host of WordPress.org:
Bluehost is listed as the official host of WordPress and this is one of the major achievements of Bluehost.in
Overall, it can be concluded that Bluehost is one of the major and most famous web hosting services available today. It can be seen that Bluehost stands out in terms of the services it provides and the popularity it enjoys is not a fluke.